Headlights Over Appalachian Gap
- Title: Headlights Over Appalachian Gap
- State/Province/Region: Vermont
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mad River Glen Ski Resort
- Nearest Town: Warren
- Brief Directions: There are a few ways to get to The Appalachian Gap here is one of them. Head West on Vermont Route 17 from Route 100 South off of Interstate 89. Follow Route 17 till you reach the gap.
The Appalachian Gap has magnificent views of the Green Mountains, Adirondack Mountains, The Champlain Valley, and portions of Lake Champlain which forms the natural border between Vermont and Upper New York State.
- Notes: Photographer Gregory Carter © 2009 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- GPS Longitude: 44
- GPS Latitude: 72
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I was enjoying the last bit of light after sunset on the Appalachian Gap in Vermont.
After reading a very helpful book on HDR photography, "Complete Guide to High Dynamic Range Digital Photography" (A Lark Photography Book), I wanted to put what I had learned to the test. This photograph is the result; I look forward to continuing the learning process and perfecting HDR techniques.
- Gear: Nikon D70, Tripod, Headlamp
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1744 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!