Shenandoah Day's End
- Title: Shenandoah Day's End
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Appalachian Trail
- Nearest Town: Bluemont, Virginia
- Brief Directions: From Leesburg take Route 7 west for 15 miles. Turn left on Old Blueridge Road at the top of the Blueridge. Continue south for about 3/4 of a mile to the entrance on the right.
- GPS Longitude: 77
- GPS Latitude: 39
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Captured at the Bears Den Scenic Rock Overlook situated on the Appalachian Trail in Virginia. There is a lodge about 100 yards up the hill from this location where they have a designated campground and lodge accommodations for hikers. Hiker bunks run $15 a night or you can go for the "Hiker Special", at a whopping $27, which includes a bunk, shower, laundry, pizza, ice cream and soda. I'm not kidding! A welcome change for trail hikers from sleeping on the ground and eating freeze dried whatever. Bears Den Trail Center is owned by Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) and managed by the Potomac Appalachian Trail Center (PATC). ATC and PATC have developed a strong working relationship to provide for the long term future of Bears Den as one of the premier hiking trail centers on the Appalachian Trail.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 18-200mm VR, polarizer, RRS tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 719 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!