- Title: Ice And Snow
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: western Augusta County
- Nearest Town: Staunton
- Brief Directions: This area is a short drive west of Staunton, Va. to a small comunity near Swope, Va. There is a Boy Scout Camp nearby called Camp Shenandoah.
- Notes: As light was fading I stopped and while standing on a bridge took several images with different camera settings.For this image I used a shutter speed of 1/60, F 5.6 and ISO 100. I handheld the camera.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This was after a December 2012 snow that left an unusual combination of snow and ice on these Western Virginia mountain ridges. The nearest ridge had just snow, while on the far ridge the trees were coated in ice.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mk 3, 70-200 2.8 IS II, B+W circular polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 197 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!