Prelude To The Sunset
- Title: Prelude To The Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Wintergreen
- Nearest Town: Waynesboro
- Brief Directions: Location in Central Virginia on the Blue Ridge Parkway at milepost 10, Raven's Roost Overlook offers an unobstructed view of the Shenandoah Valley. This popular overlook is frequented by rock climbers, hikers, and sightseers.
- Notes: This was a single RAW shot before my timelapse session. If you haven't seen my timelapse here it is:
Make sure you watch it in HD.
- GPS Longitude: -78.952956
- GPS Latitude: 37.933436
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The evening was hazy and the clouds were setting in for the night over the mountain top. I knew the colors would explode soon. I was the only person at the overlook when a young couple (lost) pulled in to ask for directions, but they quickly forgot and took in the beauty. I gave them directions, but told them to wait because the sunset would last for thirty minutes. Puzzled, they hung around while I captured frames for my timelapse. As the setting sun starting to drop below the horizon it lit the underside of the clouds overhead. They thanked me at dusk, as I packed away my gear.
- Gear: Canon T2i 17-55
This Photo Has Been Viewed 141 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!