Shenandoah National Park
- Title: Shenandoah National Park
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Skyline Drive
- Nearest Town: Front Royal
- Brief Directions: Take Rt 340 to the town of Front Royal and enter the park at the main entrance or follow 340 to Luray and hook up with Rt 211. This will take to to the Thornton Gap entrance.
- Notes: Spring and fall are the two best times for photography, with spring being much less crowded. If you go in the fall be sure to book your room or campsite early. I spend most of my time in and around the Great Meadows area. You can catch sunrise or sunsets from many of the pulloffs along the road. If waterfalls are your thing, be prepared to do some hiking. They require a hike of 2 or more miles roundtrip and several hundred feet in elevation gain. Be sure to take some water along.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Tripod, cable release, assortment of lenses, good hiking boots
This Photo Has Been Viewed 622 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!