- Title: Hampton Roads
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Chesapeake Avenue
- Nearest Town: Newport News
- Brief Directions: About two miles west of downtown Hampton, VA, along the waterfront between Hampton and downtown Newport News.
- Notes: I'm almost embarrassed to submit this - I usually shoot with a Canon 5D Mark II but left it in the car while we took our short walk on the pier. For anyone visiting the area, no special gear is required except, during warmer months, sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Description: My grandkids and I were on our way home from a New Year's Day adventure in the Great Dismal Swamp, and stopped at the fishing pier on Chesapeake Avenue for a quick walk to look at the water. It's not often we see it this calm. The image was taken facing east toward Fort Monroe, where the James and Elizabeth Rivers flow into the Chesapeake Bay, just before sunset.
- Gear: Droid Mini
This Photo Has Been Viewed 104 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!