Blue Ridge Mountains Of Virginia
- Title: Blue Ridge Mountains Of Virginia
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Lexington, VA
- Brief Directions: From Lexington, Virginia, take Route 60 West, through the small town of Buena Vista, continuing until the Parkway crosses over Route 60. (About 10 miles from Lexington.) Access the Parkway and drive North about 2 miles to this viewpoint.
- Notes: The Parkway can be accessed at many points between the two Parks - Shenandoah and the Great Smoky Mountains. Check local maps for specifics.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This image was taken from the Blue Ridge Parkway, a 469 mile scenic drive that connects Shenandoah National Park with the Great Smoky Mountains. The Parkway began as a Great Depression era public works project in the 1930s but took 50 years to complete. Outstanding scenery and expansive vistas are just the norm throughout this unique National Park area. As you drive or hike the Parkway, you will observe split-rail fences, old farmsteads and historic structures nestled among the spectacular views of distant mountains and neighboring valleys.
- Gear: Hiking and camping equipment, photography equipment, birding scope
This Photo Has Been Viewed 860 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!