Sunset Over The Strait Of Juan De Fuca
- Title: Sunset Over The Strait Of Juan De Fuca
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Clallam County
- Nearest Town: Port Angeles
- Brief Directions: Go west from Port Angeles on Highway 101 to the highway 112 cutoff. Follow that to the signs to Salt Creek Recreation area. Go past the campground turn off down the hill to the parking lot on the right.
- Notes: Salt Creek Recreation Area
Clallam County, Washington
May 12, 2012
Canon EOS 5D Mark III ,Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
3.2s f/22.0 at 27.0mm iso100
Full EXIF Info
Date/Time 12-May-2012 20:45:14
Model Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Flash Used No
Focal Length 27 mm
Exposure Time 3.20 sec
ISO Equivalent 100
Metering Mode matrix
Exposure Program aperture priority
©2012 Jim Stiles
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Looking northwest as the sun sets over the Strait of Juan de Fuca, also known as the Salish Sea. The tide was rising rapidly and was just about to crest as waves were crashing around me. I climbed to yet another higher rock outcrop to keep shooting through the sunset. This final position gave me the ability to capture the little remaining pebbles on the beach as the tide pushed higher.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III ,Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM, Gitzo Tripod 3541, Arca Swiss Mono ballhead, Canon Intervelometor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 361 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!