The Rolling Hills Of The Palouse
- Title: The Rolling Hills Of The Palouse
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Step Toe Butte, Whitman County
- Nearest Town: Step Toe
- Brief Directions: 10 miles north of Colfax, Washington on US 195, follow the signs to Steptoe Butte State Park.
- Notes: The Rolling Hills of the Palouse
Whitman County, Washington
June 16, 2012
Canon EOS 5D Mark III ,Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
1/4s f/11.0 at 215.0mm iso100
Full EXIF Info
Date/Time 16-Jun-2012 19:56:23
Model Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Flash Used No
Focal Length 215 mm
Exposure Time 1/4 sec
ISO Equivalent 100
Exposure Bias +1/3
White Balance Auto
Metering Mode matrix
Exposure Program aperture priority
©2012 Jim Stiles
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Shooting from high atop Steptoe Butte looking down on the wheat covered fields of the Palouse is nothing short of spectacular. With rapid moving clouds, golden hour is the best time to shoot. However, its constantly windy so being prepared for locking down the gear is essential.
- Gear: Canon 5D MIII, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM, Canon 1.4 tele-extender, B+W 77mm Circular Polarizer, Gitzo Tripod GT 3541, Arca Swiss Ballhead, Canon Intervelometor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 8409 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!