- Title: Lake Crescent
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Olympic Peninsula National Park
- Nearest Town: Forks, WA
- Brief Directions: Directions to Lake Crescent are easy, as there are signs posted - not to mention, one of the main roads on the peninsula shoulders the eastern part of the lake for miles. The part of Lake Crescent that is photographed above can be accessed directly off of 101. The more common image of Lake Crescent (w'/the bridge) involves accessing a side paved road which routes the north side of the lake to another road which takes you to a parking area and the trailhead. This point involves an easy hike of about a mile before reaching the viewpoint.
- Notes: See a special slideshow that I created showing more of my images on youtube. Use the search tag, "wander in the wyld."
- Description: This picture was taken mid-morning at the southern end of Lake Crescent right off of 101. While Lake Crescent is noted as "the most picturesque lake" on the peninsula, I prefer Lake Quinault (which is located closer to the southern region of the peninsula) with its eerie, rugged and, yet, mystical countenance. I like this photograph of Lake Crescent because it exemplifies the serenity that it exudes, as well as its subtle beauty.
- Gear: Canon 7D, 17-40mm f4.0L, B+W Polarizer, Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 and Grip Action (324RC2)
This Photo Has Been Viewed 165 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!