- Title: An Enduring Glow
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Enchantments
- Nearest Town: Leavenworth
- Brief Directions: From Seattle, take US2 east towards Wenatchee. Upon reaching Leavenworth, turn right onto Icicle Creek Road. At about 4 miles, the Snow Creek Trailhead is on your left. This lake is roughly 9 miles from the trailhead
- Notes: A permit is required to hike overnight into the basin from June 15th to October 15th. Autumn is the peak time to capture the area when the larches turn golden. Sunset and sunrise are the ideal times to photograph the area, but the photo opportunities last throughout the day within the basin.
- GPS Longitude: 47.4811
- GPS Latitude: 120.8039
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: A sunset glow illuminates golden larch trees, Prusik Peak and an alpine lake within the Enchantment Basin.
- Gear: Canon 5d Mark II, 16-35mmL, Lee GND .9, polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 340 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!