- Title: Mountain Stream
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Beckler River Valley
- Nearest Town: Skykomish
- Brief Directions: Drive Highway 2 from Everett, WA east to Skykomish and turn left onto the Beckler River road. Follow the road to where the pavement ends and take the road to the right (the one that's a 90 degree angle, not the really sharp one on the right). Follow the road a couple of miles and the stream is on the left.
- Notes: Un-named mountain stream in the Beckler River Valley
Cascade Mountains, Washington
October 22, 2011
Canon EOS 5D Mark II ,Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
4s f/11.0 at 30.0mm iso100
Full EXIF Info
Date/Time 22-Oct-2011 14:08:40
Model Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Flash Used No
Focal Length 30 mm
Exposure Time 4.00 sec
ISO Equivalent 100
Exposure Bias +1
White Balance cloudy
Metering Mode matrix
Exposure Program aperture priority
Focus Distance 6.67 m
©2012 Jim Stiles
Prints available at http://www.redbubble.com/people/jimstiles/works/9677445-un-named-mountain-stream-in-the-beckler-river-valley
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This little stream was gushing out of the mountain forest along side the forest service road I was driving on. I've driven this road many times but never saw this much water here before. The tree in the middle of the waterfall posed a significant compositional challenge; how do I capture the essence of this without putting the tree dead center? Most of the time I can pick out a well balanced composition quickly but this was the exception.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark II ,Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM, Gitzo Tripod 3541, Arca Swiss Mono ballhead, Canon Intervelometor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 229 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!