Backlit Tree Moss
- Title: Backlit Tree Moss
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lake Crescent
- Nearest Town: Port Angeles
- Brief Directions: On highway 101 about 17 miles west of Port Angeles
- Notes: We were supposed to be following friends to Forks (guess why?) but it was such a beautiful day and Lake Crescent was the best I had seen it, so instead we stopped at various places along the lake for relaxation and picture taking. This shot camp at a little park that I did not make note of the name of, but there was this nice grove of trees sporting great swaths of tree moss. The sun was lowering providing nice backlight. Get too many branches and the picture tends to be busy. So I zoomed in on an interesting convergence of lines. And there you have it.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Backlit tree moss. This is one of those subjects that is always visually alluring, but more often then not, doesn't end up looking as good on film (digital or otherwise) as it did at the time of the photo capture.
- Gear: Nikon D200 70-200mm zoom
This Photo Has Been Viewed 148 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!