Winter's Rest In The Palouse
- Title: Winter's Rest In The Palouse
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Whitman County
- Nearest Town: Steptoe
- Brief Directions: About 50 miles south of Spokane, Washington on US 95.
- Notes: Winter's Rest in the Palouse
Whitman County, Washington
December 28, 2012
Canon EOS 5D Mark III ,Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
1/100s f/11.0 at 210.0mm iso100
Full EXIF Info
Date/Time 28-Dec-2012 10:27:27
Model Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Flash Used No
Focal Length 210 mm
Exposure Time 1/100 sec
ISO Equivalent 100
Exposure Bias +1 1/3
White Balance cloudy
Exposure Program aperture priority
©2012 Jim Stiles
Prints available at: http://www.redbubble.com/people/jimstiles/works/9792423-winters-rest-in-the-palouse
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This area known as "the Palouse" is a vastly rich agricultural area extending from near Spokane Washington south and east into Idaho and Oregon. The rolling hills are annually planted with wheat and provide endless photographic opportunities year round. Most photographers only visit during June and August, however winter is equally spectacular! But, far more challenging to get there and hope the weather cooperates.
On this trip over to the Palouse I had just one day to shoot and got lucky that the fog held off for this one day!
The view is from about 2/3rds up Steptoe Butte looking west and down to the town of Steptoe.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III ,Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 1.4 II Tele-extender, Gitzo Tripod 3541, Arca Swiss Mono ballhead, Canon Intervelometor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 572 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!