Springtime Rain Squall Rainbow
- Title: Springtime Rain Squall Rainbow
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Snohomish County
- Nearest Town: Sultan
- Brief Directions: Right on the western edge of the city of Sultan, Wasington on US Highway 2. 22 miles east of Everett, WA.
- Notes: EXIF Info
Date/Time 16-Apr-2013 17:56:00
Model Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Flash Used No
Focal Length 100 mm
Exposure Time 1/50 sec
ISO Equivalent 100
©2013 Jim Stiles
All Rights Reserved
Prints available at: http://www.redbubble.com/people/jimstiles/works/10228632-springtime-rain-squall-rainbow
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I spotted this barn/mountain scene last year and have waited all this time to have the opportunity to shoot it on a semi cloudy day. Today seemed like the right time, so about an hour after getting home from work I drove the 2 miles back to this spot and setup. I got many really nice shots and decided to wait for the sun to move a bit further north and lower in the sky so all the apple trees would be illuminated, and then this rain squall settled over me and this magnificent rainbow popped out while I was setup with two cameras but no umbrella... I got TOTALLY soaked! But thanks to advanced foresight I had an emergency rain cover with my gear (a very large garbage bag) to use to cover both cameras on their tripods. All I can say is THANK YOU, LORD for being in THE right place at THE right time with THE right gear all setup ready to shoot!
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark II ,Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L USM, Gitzo Tripod 2541, Arca Swiss Mono ballhead, Canon Intervelometor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 633 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!