Moonrise Over Tiger Mountain
- Title: Moonrise Over Tiger Mountain
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: King County
- Nearest Town: Seattle
- Notes: Moonrise over Tiger Mountain
Shot from Kerry Park on Queen Anne Hill, Seattle, Washington
April 25, 2013
Canon EOS 5D Mark III ,Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS USM
1/8s f/5.6 at 700.0mm iso400
Date/Time 25-Apr-2013 20:42:46
Model Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Flash Used No
Focal Length 700 mm
Exposure Time 1/8 sec
ISO Equivalent 400
Exposure Bias 0
White Balance auto
Exposure Program aperture priority
©2013 Jim Stiles
All Rights Reserved
Prints available at: http://www.redbubble.com/people/jimstiles/works/10262804-moonrise-over-tiger-mountain
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Flanked shoulder to shoulder by what seemed like hundreds of photographers I held my spot along the railing at one of Seattle's most photogenic locations, Kerry Park. With two cameras mounted on tripods I held my ground and waited like everyone else to see just what this moon would do for us all. OMG, I was not ready for how HUGE it appeared when it came over the horizon. Chatter amongst the photogs was replaced with the sound of shutters clicking like crazy, including my own.
I used to think photos that showed the moon this size HAD to be fake, and I know many are. But my point is I didn't think the moon could ever really look this big naturally, but it can and it certainly did last night.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III ,Canon EF 500mm f/4 L IS USM, Gitzo Tripod 3541, Wimberly II Gimbal Head, RRS leveling base, RRS long lens stabalizer, Canon Intervelometor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 294 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!