Lime Kiln Lighthouse Sunset
- Title: Lime Kiln Lighthouse Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Juan Island
- Nearest Town: Friday Harbor
- Notes: EXIF Info
Date/Time 04-May-2013 20:49:45
Model Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Flash Used No
Focal Length 95 mm
Exposure Time 1/4 sec
ISO Equivalent 100
© 2013 Jim Stiles
Prints available at: http://www.redbubble.com/people/jimstiles/works/10306072-san-juan-island-sunset
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Surrounded by some of the world's greatest beauty makes me push myself harder and harder to capture as much as I can to share with the world and to celebrate moments like this one. I hoped for a nice sunset and was rewarded with an awe inspiring sunset that I'll never forget!
As the sun set over the Salish Sea with the Lime Kiln lighthouse in the foreground I was simply enthralled to witness the changing light over the course of about an hour. This particular moment was the climax of the intense colors reflecting off the thin clouds and the unusually calm waters. What an incredibly exciting moment to witness!
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III ,Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 1.4 II Tele-extender, Gitzo Tripod 3541, Arca Swiss Mono ballhead, Canon Intervelometor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 262 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!