Lime Kiln Lighthouse
- Title: Lime Kiln Lighthouse
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Juan Island
- Nearest Town: Friday Harbor
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Lime Kiln Lighthouse
San Juan Island, Washington
May 4, 2013
Preparing for the very soon coming sunset, I arrived at the lighthouse with this incredible late afternoon/evening light. I positioned myself toward the north side to get the light full directly on the lighthouse, and then this three fingered set of cloud trails formed nicely in my composition. I was straddling myself precariously over the rocks along the shoreline and happy I didn't fall in!
Canon EOS 5D Mark III ,Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
0.4s f/11.0 at 30.0mm iso50
Date/Time 04-May-2013 19:55:57
Model Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Flash Used No
Focal Length 30 mm
Exposure Time 1/3 sec
ISO Equivalent 50
©2013 Jim Stiles
All Rights Reserved
Prints available at: http://www.redbubble.com/people/jimstiles/works/10361853-lime-kiln-lighthouse
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM, B+W 77mm Kasemate circular polarizer, Canon T3N Intervalometer, Gitzo 3541 tripod, RRS level base
This Photo Has Been Viewed 468 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!