Winter Hoarfrost Sparkles Below Mt. Rainier
- Title: Winter Hoarfrost Sparkles Below Mt. Rainier
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Kautz Creek Trail Head, Mt. Rainier National Park
- Nearest Town: Ashford , WA
- Brief Directions: From the West entrance (Ashford) about 4 miles into Mt. Rainier National Park alongside the road.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Sunrise is late in the Pacific Northwest at this time of year, so this is about 9:24AM, less than an hour after sunrise. The surrounding mountains block the sun from the ground until much later. Here the first rays calling on the Kautz Creek area catch the hoarfrost on a shoot with Mt. Rainier in the back.
- Gear: Canon 5D MkIII ISO 100, 1/15s, f9.0, Canon 24-70mm f2.8L @ 70mm, w/Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 161 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!