Sandworm For Breakfast
- Title: Sandworm For Breakfast
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Jetty
- Nearest Town: Ocean Shoes
- Brief Directions: On the beach, just north of the jetty at the southern tip of Ocean Shore Blvd.
- GPS Longitude: 46.928286
- GPS Latitude: 124.174612
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: During spring migration, the Western Sandpipers are plentiful in Grays Harbor, Wash., which is designated as an area of hemispheric importance for arctic-bound shorebirds. I watched early one morning as the large flock moved in and out with the tides, then laid in the sand and waited for them to come to me, which they did. Good thing, too, because these are tiny birds! They are so tiny, in fact, that I didn't know they were pulling up sandworms until I edited my pictures later.
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikkor 500mm f4, 1.4 teleconverter, RRS tripod, Wimberley gimbal head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 195 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!