Electric Larch And Prusik Peak
- Title: Electric Larch And Prusik Peak
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Leavenworth
- Brief Directions: The Enchantments are about 10 miles and over five thousand feet in elevation from the Snow Lake trailhead along the Icicle River Road a few miles outside of Leavenworth, Washington; a little less via the more difficult Aasgard Pass route that begins at the Stuart Lake trailhead a few miles farther up the road. Permits are absolutely required (and may be scarce) during the popular summer to fall season.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The Enchantments Lakes Basin is the premiere backpacking destination in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness region of Washington State. In mid-October the sub-alpine western larch turn a golden-orange. A little early snowfall caps off an other-wordly scene. It's easy to imagine that this area was still covered by glacier less than a century ago.
- Gear: Canon 1DsMk3, 17-40mm f4L, 4-stop soft grad, Gitzo 'pod, KirkBH-3 ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 691 times
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!