- Title: Roosevelt Elk
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mt. Rainier
- Nearest Town: Eatonville
- Brief Directions: From Seattle
Traveling south on I-5, exit to the left at exit #154A (I-405 north to Renton). Travel 2 miles on I-405 to exit #2 (SR 167 south to Renton and Auburn). Travel 20 miles south on SR 167 and exit to SR 512 (west to Puyallup). Travel 3.5 miles and exit at SR 161 (to South Hill and Eatonville). Turn left at the light and travel south 17 miles. Northwest Trek is on the left side of the highway.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Northwest Trek Wildlife Park is a wonderful park to experience Northwest Wildlife! Any season is spectacular - summer sees blue skies and warm weather, while winter provides an opportunity to see the wildlife in full coat, and possibly in the snow.
Wildlife includes Elk, Bears, Bison, Wolves, Bobcats, Eagles, and many more! A comfortable tram ride takes you through the different areas of the park. The drivers are knowledgeable, and accomodating to photographers. Numerous walking trails offer the opportunity to watch the animals for longer periods.
- Gear: 200mm lens, jacket, and a couple of bucks for entry
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1467 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!