- Title: Elk Harem
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yakima County
- Nearest Town: Naches, Washington
- Brief Directions: Go east on Highway 12 from Naches, Washington about 12 miles to the Oak Creek Game Reserve.
- Notes: Elk Harem
Oak Creek, Naches, Washington
February 18, 2012
Canon EOS 5D Mark II ,Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS USM
1/60s f/8.0 at 700.0mm iso200
Full EXIF Info
Date/Time 18-Feb-2012 12:03:35
Model Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Flash Used No
Focal Length 700 mm
Exposure Time 1/60 sec
ISO Equivalent 200
Exposure Bias +1 1/3
White Balance cloudy
Metering Mode center weighted
Exposure Program aperture priority
©2012 Jim Stiles
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: The Washington State Department of Wildlife feed up to 3,000 head of elk every winter at the Oak Creek Game Reserve, near Naches, Washington. This photo shows a splinter herd of about 20 elk headed up by this dominant bull.
- Gear: Canon 5D MII, Canon EF 500mm f/4 L IS USM, Canon 1.4 tele-extender, Gitzo GTS 3541, Wimberly II gimbel head, Canon inervalometer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 349 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!