2012 Winthrop Balloon Roundup
- Title: 2012 Winthrop Balloon Roundup
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Okanogan County
- Nearest Town: Winthrop, Washington
- Brief Directions: Just Google Winthrop, Washington to get directions to this little town. In the winter time the main east/west pass over the mountains is always closed. So the only access is from highway 97, then west to Winthrop either on highway 20 or 153.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This hot air balloon event is the most spectacular anywhere in the country! The intensely colorful balloons float down the Methow Valley from Winthrop with the heavily snow clad Cascade Mountains in the background. This area is on the east side of the mountains, so days are typically filled with sun, making for excellent contrasts between the balloons and the mountains.
- Gear: Canon 5D MII, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM, Canon 1.4 tele-extender, B+W 77mm Circular Polarizer, Gitzo Tripod GT 3541, Arca Swiss Ballhead, Canon Intervelometor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 141 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!