Dolly Sods Wilderness
- Title: Dolly Sods Wilderness
- State/Province/Region: West Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: WV 28/55
- Nearest Town: Seneca Rocks
- Brief Directions: From Elkins, WV take US 33 east to Seneca Rocks, turn north on WV 28/55 to Jordan Run, left to FR 19, left on FR 19 up mountain to FR 75, right on FR 75 through east egde of wilderness.
- Notes: Dolly Sods is a Tundra/Boreal disjunct. Weather changes rapidly. May freeze or snow. Great sunrise/sunsets from Bear Rocks area. Blueberry & cranberry turn crimmson in fall. Mixed hardwood, Red Spruce, Mountain Ash, ferns,mosses. Bogs & beaver ponds compliment Red Creek Trail and waterfalls.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: Warm layered clothing, rain gear, GPS or compass, map, Gortex hi
This Photo Has Been Viewed 5357 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!