Cana Island Lighthouse, Door County, Wisconsin
- Title: Cana Island Lighthouse, Door County, Wisconsin
- State/Province/Region: Wisconsin
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Door County Wisconsin
- Nearest Town: Bailey's Harbor, Wisconsin
- Brief Directions: Located on Cana Island just a few minutes from Bailey's Harbor, Wisconsin.
- Notes: Photo shot within 30 minutes to 1 hr after sunrise after the clouds cleared. On the beach are cairns ( rock markers/sculptures) that for centuries have been used to mark locations for various reasons.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Cana Island Lighthouse was built in 1869 and automated in 1944 and is still lights the way for ships on Lake Michigan today. It is arguably the most picturesque light house in Door County, Wisconsin.
- Gear: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT; L - 18.0 - 270.0 mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 551 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!