- Title: Sandhill Sentry
- State/Province/Region: Wisconsin
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Crex Meadows
- Nearest Town: Grantsburg, WI
- Brief Directions: Just north of Grantsburg Wisconsin
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This is the first scene we saw at Crex Meadows this fall. Sandhill cranes use this area as a way point for their southward migration every fall. This large group of cranes decided to pick up some grit from the gravel road before heading out to the feeding grounds nearby.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 500mm f4, Gitzo mono pod, Manfrotto tilt head, Sandisk Extreme III SD,
This Photo Has Been Viewed 259 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!