- Title: Nature's Thermometer
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yellowstone National Park
- Nearest Town: West Yellowstone
- Brief Directions: West entrance of the Yellowstone National Park through W. Yellowstone, MT to Madision Junction. Head south to Midway Geyser Basin.
- Notes: Bands of beautiful colors from the thermophiles (heat tolerant organisms)living in the waters. The colors change as the temperature shifts from hot to cooler. The blue center of the spring is the hotest and shifts to a blue green along the edges. Orange-colored bacteria form dense mats and furthest out, along the cooler edges, green algae can grow.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Grand Prismatic Spring
- Gear: Wide angle lens and polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 943 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!