Black Diamond And Opal Pools
- Title: Black Diamond And Opal Pools
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yellowstone National Park
- Nearest Town: Gardiner, WY
- Brief Directions: Biscuit Basin, Yellowstone National Park. Stop at the Mammoth Visitors Center. They have maps of all the major areas of the park for free.
- Notes: Used a dual technique here to bring out the steam rising from the pools as well as the detail in the landscape. Initially I saw the thin wisps of steam on the pool and wanted to capture it. I stacked a 0.9 ND filter and CPL to get 5 stops and shot some slow shutter exposures. At the same time I bracketed the shots just to experiment with HDR. The combination of the two techniques created this surreal almost other worldly look at the Black Diamond and Opal Pools in Yellowstone.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Black Diamond and Opal Pools in Biscuit Basin on Yellowstone National Park. Thin wisps of steam were captured with a slow shutter as they rose from the mirror like pools.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6
This Photo Has Been Viewed 134 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!