Lower Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Park
R. Douglas Andrews
- Title: Lower Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Park
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Loop Road
- Nearest Town: West Yellowstone, MT
- Brief Directions: From West Yellowstone, MT go east on Hwy 20 approx. 14 miles into Yellowstone National Park to Madison Junction. From there go south on the Grand Loop Road towards Old Faithful for approximately 5 miles. If coming from Old Faithful, go north on the Grand Loop Road towards Madison Junction for approx. 5 miles.
- Notes: The Lower Geyser Basin, also known as Fountain Flats, is an immense geyser basin on the west side of Yellowstone National Park. The basin is home to hundreds of thermal features including geysers, colorful hot springs, and mud pots. Large herds of bison frequent the area and the occasional bear and wolf is seen. The Firehole rivers meanders its way through the basin and is home to world class fly fishing.
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Camera, wide angle to short telephoto lenses, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 627 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!