Lost Twin Lakes, Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming
- Title: Lost Twin Lakes, Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Highway 16
- Nearest Town: Tensleep, Wyoming
- Brief Directions: Take Highway 16 from either Buffalo (traveling west) or Worland (traveling east) to where it intersects with FH 29. This intersection is also the location of the Deer Haven Campground. Follow FH 29 until it ends at West Tensleep Lake and park at the trailhead. There are two sections to the parking area, one for day use only and one for overnight use. From the parking areas follow the trail signs for TR 65.
- Notes: This hike is approximately 5 miles long, one way and has an overall elevation gain of 1,715 feet along a well worn and easy to follow trail. These images were made during the month of June and ice was still visible along the protected portions of the lake. With that in mind, the best time to head out on this trek would be early summer through mid-September. This area is within the Cloud Peak Wilderness Area of the Big Horn National Forest so check for any special regulations before you set out on your trip.
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Comfortable hiking shoes, rain gear and/or cold weather gear, su
This Photo Has Been Viewed 2104 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!