Morning Storm Over Grand Teton Np
- Title: Morning Storm Over Grand Teton Np
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Jackson Hole
- Nearest Town: Moose
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Wyoming's Grand Teton National Park is home to two of the most famous barns in the world and both carry the same name, Moulton barn. They sit about 1/2 mile from one another and both make beautiful photographic subjects, so just flip a coin because you can't go wrong.
On the evening I had the North barn almost all to myself, just one other photographer was there and he was relatively new to photography and let me know I could have the run of the place. I'd been to this barn a few years before during my first trip to Grand Teton NP but as I later discovered my spot meter was malfunctioning and all my images from this location were badly underexposed. This was a chance for redemption.
I scouted the area for a bit before deciding on this fairly simple composition which balances the barn and Grand Teton peak very nicely. A few clouds hung near the range's peaks but not much else was happening in the sky above them so I made the decision at that point to crop the image into a panoramic and focus the viewer's eye on the visual elements of the image. The 30 second exposure helped to capture a bit of movement in the clouds.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikon 18-200VRII lens, Cokin 2-Stop grad nd filter, Manfrotto tripod and head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 90 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!