Bugling Bull Elk, Night Sky
- Title: Bugling Bull Elk, Night Sky
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Teton National Park
- Nearest Town: Jackson
- Brief Directions: At Willow Flats about 35 miles north of Jackson Wyoming
- Notes: ISO 3200, F/4 with a 30 second exposure. While cruising looking for terrestrial objects to add interest to a starry sky I headed to Willow Flats in Grand Teton Park where I know elk to stage for the rutting season. I could hear but could not see them. I found one reasonably, I set up my tripod and shot a series of 30 second exposures and when I heard the elk bugle I would fire a hand held flash in the direction of the Bugling elk. This would classify as the epitome of shooting in the dark
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Although a technical failure I still like this photo because of its uniqueness. It is noisy because of the 3200 ISO, it is blurry because of the 30 second shutter speed, but it is a starry sky with a bugling elk in it.
- Gear: Canon EOS d5 ll Canon 24/105 f/4L,
This Photo Has Been Viewed 81 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!