Mules Ear At Twighlight
- Title: Mules Ear At Twighlight
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Teton National Park
- Nearest Town: Jackson
- Brief Directions: Near Moose, Wyoming. North of Jackson in Grand Teton National Park.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Early morning hours are generally prime time for shooting any location along the front range of the Tetons, but sometimes opportunities present themselves which require a little extra effort. Previously when the sun was up, of course the wind was blowing. After the sun retreated on the other side of the mountains, not even a breeze could be felt. Utter calm prevailed, which allowed me to work with a variety of aperatures and shutter speeds to capture the depth of field and sharpness I was looking for. With the help of a combination of a three stop hard edge and a two stop graduated filter (stacked), I was able to bring the sky into line with the shadowed 'Mules Ear' flowers creating the image you see here.
- Gear: Nikon D300 17-55mm 2.8 Manfrotto 055XProB Tripod & 808RC4 Three Way Head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 497 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!