South Fork Storm Clouds
- Title: South Fork Storm Clouds
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: South fork of the Shoshone river
- Nearest Town: Cody
- Brief Directions: Go toward Yellowstoen out of Cody, a couple of blocks beyond the Wal Mart you will see Highway 91 and marked South Fork Road. Turn on that road, thsi photo was taken about 20 + miles up that road, but it is very scenic all of the way to the end. It ends about 45 miles from Cody and you can't get off the main road unless you attempt to turn off. Small campground, no other services out there. All kinds of wildlife in the area.
- Notes: Fill vehicle with fuel, mostly dirt road, ice climbing area, hiking area, even a nice day drive.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: There was a lot of storm coulds, they the wind started blowing the snow on the peaks which really made it spectacular.
- Gear: Pentax K10D Sigma 50-500 lens, Bogen tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 317 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!