Homage To Ansel
- Title: Homage To Ansel
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Teton National Park
- Nearest Town: Jackson
- Brief Directions: From Jackson go north on US Route 89 to the Snake River Overlook on the left.
- Notes: Plan to get to this location early for sunrise and sunset because it can get crowded quickly with photographers.
- GPS Longitude: 110
- GPS Latitude: 43
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Sunset at the Snake River Overlook. This was captured near the spot made famous by Ansel Adams who captured a famous image here in 1942. I always associate this view with Ansel Adams' great photo so I thought black and white would be appropriate. The range of light comes from five exposures that were combined in Photomatix for, what I hoped was, a natural look. I believe if Ansel were alive today he'd be using many of the same tools, procedures and software.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 18-200mm VR, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1655 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!