comprehensive set of digital photography tools, from powerfully simple
one-click adjustments and features to cutting edge advanced controls.
With Lightroom, you can organize, enhance, and showcase your images
all from one fast and nimble application that's available on Macintosh
and Windows® platforms.
• Get the highest possible quality from every pixel in your images using state-of-the-art editing tools.
• Easily showcase your work to friends, family, and clients. Craft
elegant photo books and share your photographs on social networks or
in web galleries, slideshows, prints, and more.
• Manage your
entire photo collection in a visual library that makes it quick and
easy to organize, find, and select your images.
beta builds on the vision of the very first Lightroom beta. From day 1,
Lightroom was designed for photographers and by photographers to help
them focus on what they love—the art and craft of photography.
Lightroom provides photographers with an elegant and efficient way to
work with their growing digital image collections, bring out the best
in their images, and make an impact from raw capture to creative
output, all while maintaining the highest possible quality each step of
Introducing Lightroom 4 Beta
For the development
of this latest release, we've focused on further maximizing image
quality and expanding output options. New tools let you extract more
detail from highlights and shadows, make a wider range of targeted
adjustments, and easily share your images and video clips on social
media and photo sharing sites.
New Features in Lightroom 4 Beta
• Highlight and shadow recovery brings out all the detail that your camera captures in dark shadows and bright highlights.
• Photo book creation with easy-to-use elegant templates.
• Location-based organization lets you find and group images by
location, assign locations to images, and display data from GPS-enabled
• White balance brush to refine and adjust white balance in specific areas of your images.
• Additional local editing controls let you adjust noise reduction and remove moiré in targeted areas of your images.
• Extended video support for organizing, viewing, and making adjustments and edits to video clips.
• Easy video publishing lets you edit and share video clips on Facebook and Flickr®.
• Soft proofing to preview how an image will look when printed with color-managed printers.
• Email directly from Lightroom using the email account of your choice.
Lightroom 4 beta program is available to the public. Anyone with an
Internet connection can download it and start putting it to the test.
You do not need to own (or have tried) a previous version of Lightroom.
You can download the beta and use it until the product expires on
March 31, 2012.
Find out more here: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom4/.