Desert dreaming

State/Province/Region
California
Nearest Area
Anza Borrego desert
Description

Dry lake, California drought. The last 12 seasons I was following the weather forecast to catch any storm in the area. I was hoping for a thunder storm with lightning strikes..That day the forecast said that there is a 70% chance of rain and 30% of thunderstorm...The clouds were rolling all day... then 45 minutes before the sunset they looked pretty heavy. I was at four different locations earlier and decided to go to Dry lake to execute my composition...It was dry but when heavy clouds came around humidity was at 70% which indicated rain...After I shot dozens of exposures, I still hoped for lighting strikes... it rained for not even 45 minutes...and that was after the sunset... What I learned that day is that the sunlight will find any gap to show up even between heavy clouds.

Views
0
Favorites
1
Comments
0
Date Added
February 7, 2017
Main Menu