The park can be accessed off Irish Rd., just north of Coldwater Rd. in Richfield Township, north of Davison, MI
The Golden Gate Bridge was constructed just before this little dandy, foreshadowing the greater presence of suspension bridges built in the USA during the latter half of the 20th-century (e.g., Mackinac Bridge-Michigan, Verranzano Narrows-New York).
This WPA-built, suspension walking bridge was constructed in 1938 to span the Flint River and join the two sides of then-new Richfield County Park. It is 80 years on, captured here in a vintage-look from March, 2019.