Ottawa, ON – January 26, 2009 – Corel Corporation today announced a dramatically enhanced version of its powerful consumer video editing software, Corel® VideoStudio® Pro X3. Offering great value at a new price of $99.99, Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 combines video editing, media authoring, real-time effects and DVD and Blu-ray burning, enabling video enthusiasts to create professional-looking productions in a simplified and streamlined environment that offers maximum performance.
Faster Rendering Speeds the Creative Process
With industry-leading speed and lowest-in-category rendering times, Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 now performs many common tasks more than twice as fast as the previous version with optimization for new, high-powered chipsets including the Intel® Core(TM) i7. The software also offers multi-core and GPU parallel processing with support for new technology including NVIDIA® CUDA(TM) to offer impressive performance and an improved end-to-end production workflow.
“Typically, speed and workflow performance are big challenges for today’s consumer video editors, so that’s where Corel focused our efforts for X3. Anyone who edits video knows what it feels like when the creative process stalls because you’re faced with complicated tools, slow response times or stuttering playback. We thought it was time to deliver a new experience for video editing, so we’ve built Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 with a streamlined user interface, enhanced creative tools that deliver real-time effects, and a simplified workflow,” said Jan Piros who leads Product Management for Corel VideoStudio Pro.
“Today, video is everywhere. The NVIDIA CUDA architecture is a critical technology in helping vendors like Corel unlock video for the masses,” said Michael Steele, General Manager of Visual Consumer Solutions at NVIDIA. “The dramatic speed increases in Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 show how CUDA helps developers give their users record-setting performance, even during the most processor-intensive activities like video editing.”
Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 Highlights
* Enhanced Support for Multi-core processors: Users can now experience a significant suite-wide performance boost as Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 takes advantage of new multi-core processors including the Intel Core i7.
* General Purpose GPU Acceleration: New GPU acceleration adds speed improvements across the application, delivering new Corel FX effects, 3D transitions, Trim and Multi-trim in real time. Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 dramatically accelerates render times for video editing, transcoding and effects.
* Enhanced Smart Proxy editing: Now leveraging both GPU and CPU acceleration, HD content can be edited as easily and smoothly as standard definition — even on midrange PCs.
* Attribute and media copying: Now, modifications made to one video clip, photo, title, transition or effect can be copied to another, reducing the time it takes to create a custom, uniform look and feel in movie project elements. Users can also copy media in the Project Timeline and intuitively paste it to a new spot.
* Online sharing: In a couple of clicks, video productions can be uploaded to Facebook®, Flickr®, Vimeo® and YouTube(TM).
* Stunning new visual effects: Unique visual effects make it possible to turn a video segment or image into a simulated drawing, giving a realistic animated appearance to photo or videos. Users can also choose new multi-track overlay effects and enhanced title effects using new multi-layered graphics compositing tools.
* Great Audio and Custom Soundtracks: The new Mood Mapping music generator from SmartSound® gives video editors the ability to experiment and control individual instruments in the available music tracks, creating a unique sound for their production. Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 also now includes two additional audio tracks.
* Exceptional Content and Third-party Tools: In addition to the enhancements made throughout the application, Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 offers valuable content and features from third-parties such as NewBlue® FX Filters including Detail Enhancer, Active Camera and Picture-in-Picture Animator, high-quality project templates from RevoStock®, and Quicktracks(TM) from SmartSound.
Pricing and Availability
Corel VideoStudio Pro X3, which includes Corel DVD Factory(TM) Pro, is now available at a suggested retail price (SRP) of just $99.99 (USD and CDN) for the full version or $79.99 for the upgrade. The product can be purchased as an electronic software download (ESD) today from www.corel.com and boxed software will be shipping to North American retailers in February. Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 will also be available globally in Chinese Traditional, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish and Spanish.
To purchase an ESD or download a free, fully featured 30-day trial, please visit www.corel.com/videostudio.
New Corel® PaintShop Photo(TM) Pro X3 Meets the Evolving Needs of Photo Enthusiasts
Today, Corel also introduced Corel® PaintShop Photo(TM) Pro X3, the latest version of its award-winning photo editing software delivering all-new organization, editing and creative projects for today’s digital photography workflow. Available at the SRP of $99.99 (USD and CDN) for the full version or $79.99 for the upgrade, Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 can be purchased as an ESD from www.corel.com and will be shipping to North American retailers in February. Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 will also available globally in Chinese Traditional, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish and Spanish.
To purchase an ESD or download a free, fully featured 30-day trial, please visit www.corel.com/paintshop.
Powerful Enthusiast Photo and Video Software – Together
In addition to the standalone products, Corel is also introducing the new Corel Photo & Video Pro X3 Bundle featuring both Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 and Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 for $149.99 (SRP). Available in North America, the Corel Photo & Video Pro X3 Bundle can be purchased as an ESD from www.corel.com and will be shipping to retailers in February.
Corel is one of the world’s top software companies with more than 100 million active users in over 75 countries. We develop software that helps people express their ideas and share their stories in more exciting, creative and persuasive ways. Through the years, we’ve built a reputation for delivering innovative, trusted products that are easy to learn and use, helping people achieve new levels of productivity. The industry has responded with hundreds of awards for software innovation, design and value.
Our award-winning product portfolio includes some of the world’s most widely recognized and popular software brands, including CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® Painter(TM), Corel DESIGNER® Technical Suite, Corel® PaintShop Photo(TM), Corel® VideoStudio®, Corel® WinDVD®, Corel® WordPerfect® Office, WinZip® and the recently released Corel® Digital Studio(TM).