Today’s Photo Of The Day is “Desert Dreaming” by Les Zeppelin Baran. Location: Anza Borrego Desert, California.
“Dry lake, California drought,” describes Baran. “The last 12 seasons, I was following the weather forecast to catch any storm in the area. I was hoping for a thunderstorm with lightning strikes. That day, the forecast said that there was a 70% chance of rain and 30% of thunderstorm. The clouds were rolling all day, then 45 minutes before the sunset they looked pretty heavy. I was at four different locations earlier and decided to go to Dry Lake to execute my composition. It was dry but when heavy clouds came around humidity was at 70%, which indicated rain. After I shot dozens of exposures, I still hoped for lighting strikes. It rained for not even 45 minutes and that was after the sunset. What I learned that day is that the sunlight will find any gap to show up even between heavy clouds.”
Photo of the Day is chosen from various OP galleries, including Assignments, Galleries and the OP Contests. Assignments have weekly winners that are featured on the OP website homepage, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To get your photos in the running, all you have to do is submit them.