Sign up for our newsletter
Stay up to date on all the latest photography gear!Subscribe
Photo Of The Day By Robert HendersonToday’s Photo of the Day is...
Photo Of The Day By Max FosterToday’s Photo of the Day is “The...
Photo Of The Day By Ross StoneToday’s Photo of the Day is “Mobius...
5 National Parks For Summer
They’re not too hot, not too crowded and they offer tons of summer-specific photographic opportunities.
Photographing A Scientific Expedition
For the photo adventure of a lifetime, use your skills to help document a scientific expedition.
Ends Of The Earth
Paul Nicklen on his career in conservation photography, climate change in the polar regions and his new book, Born To Ice, celebrating those ecosystems and their inhabitants.
Monongahela National Forest, West Virginia.
Tips For Creating Moody Landscapes
Depending on where you live, clouds may dominate your skies for 250-plus days of the year. This is more the...
How To Use Hyperfocal Focusing
Understand and use hyperfocal focusing to create sharper images and enhanced depth of field.
This is the 1st of your 3 free articles
Become a member for unlimited website access and more.
FREE TRIAL Available!
Already a member? Sign in to continue reading
Epson Releases Stylus Photo R1900
LONG BEACH, CA. – Jan. 7, 2008 – Epson, the overwhelming brand of choice among professional photographers, today announced the release of the Epson Stylus Photo R1900, a 13-inch printer designed for advanced photographers and graphic designers. The Epson R1900 provides an unprecedented standard in glossy color photographic prints with its Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 ink featuring an improved Gloss Optimizer™ and new red and orange ink cartridges. The Epson R1900 is also raising the creative standard for print quality with the introduction of Radiance Technology, an innovation dramatically improving color transitions, resulting in brilliant, true-to-life photos.
“Innovation is an integral part of Epson’s design philosophy,” said Patrick Chen, product manager, Epson America Inc. “After a decade of leadership, our engineers continue to develop printers that significantly raise the creative standard. The Epson Stylus Photo R1900 is no exception with its UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 inks and Radiance Technology, innovations designed to help deliver optimum results for photographers and graphic designers.”
The Epson R1900 is the ideal productivity solution for customers looking for the best combination of image quality, speed and archivability on glossy and matte media up to 13-inches wide. The Epson R1900 will replace the Epson Stylus Photo R1800, the award-winning and No. 1-selling Epson 13-inch photo printer, and offers a vast array of improvements over its predecessor in ink technology, print quality and speed.
· New Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 Ink – Achieves an optimal level of gloss and color vibrancy in a pigment ink system using eight colors – including new red and orange inks – plus an enhanced Gloss Optimizer. The red and orange inks have replaced the red and blue inks found in the Epson R1800, resulting in improved color gamut and facial tones. This next generation pigment ink set produces quick-drying, archival results that can last up to 200 years under glass.1 Auto-switching photo and matte black cartridges ensure the deepest blacks on any media type.
· New Radiance Technology – The breakthrough mathematical architecture on the Epson R1900 was co-developed by color scientists at Epson and the Rochester Institute of Technology (R.I.T.) to take advantage of the wider color gamuts possible with today’s advanced ink sets. The technology is built into the printer software and optimizes how the individual UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 inks are mixed while simultaneously providing a high level of print quality. This technology reduces grain and dramatically improves color transitions.
· Faster Print Speeds – Creates prints up to 35 percent faster than the Epson R1800, particularly at higher resolutions, boosting productivity for final layouts and sellable photographic images. Produces breathtaking 11” x 14” prints as fast as 1 minute, 46 seconds.
· Superior Media Flexibility – Offers the same media versatility as the Epson R1800 with the ability to print on glossy, luster and matte medias as well as thicker fine art media, roll papers, canvas and directly onto inkjet printable CD/DVDs.
· Enhanced Connectivity – Allows two computers to simultaneously connect to the R1900 via two hi-speed USB 2.0 ports for seamless printing from either computer.
· Epson PreciseColor™ Manufacturing – Applies colorimetric calibration to the permanent MicroPiezo® print head at the factory through anenhanced manufacturing process, eliminating the need for internal calibration devices or constant calibration.
· Exceptional Reliability – Features a new ink-repelling coating on the print head that prolongs the life of the Epson R1900 and decreases maintenance time. A built-in sensor also allows for automatic print head alignment and nozzle checking.
For more information on the Epson R1900, please visit www.epson.com/SPR1900. For information on Epson products and services, visit Epson.com.
Pricing, Support and Availability
The Epson R1900 will be available in the first quarter of 2008 for an estimated street price of $549.99 through direct market resellers, specialty photo stores, computer superstores, online retailers and Epson’s retail Web site at www.epsonstore.com. The printer is backed by the one-year EPSON Exchange Limited Warranty and is supported by the Epson ConnectionSM, a customer support technical assistance line.About Epson America Inc.Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning image capture and image output products for the consumer, business, photography, and graphic arts markets. The company is also a leading supplier of value-added point-of-sale (POS) printers and transaction terminals for the retail market. Founded in 1975, Epson America Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. Epson America Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif.