Hosted by landscape photographer Matt Payne, the podcast series “F-Stop Collaborate and Listen” presents informal conversations with nature photographers. They discuss the photographer’s motivations, explore his or her personal journey and perspectives on important issues facing landscape photographers today.
Listen to last month's podcasts below.
June 6th– Episode 59 – Kathleen Clemons
- How Kathleen got into photography.
- Flower photography.
- Tips for macro photography.
- Using Lensbaby lenses for flower photography.
- Adding textures to photos in post.
- Over on Patreon this week, Kathleen and I had a fabulous conversation about best practices in flower photography.
June 13th– Episode 60 – Mike Mezeul
- How Mike got into landscape photography.
- Photographing tornadoes and extreme weather.
- The process of improvement as a photographer.
- Over on Patreon, Mike and I had a fabulous conversation about his recent trip to Hawaii to photograph and document the devastation caused by the volcano there. It was an emotional trip for Mike - we talked about what it was like photographing such destruction.
June 20th– Episode 61 – Abe Blair
- How Abe got into landscape photography and what it was like being mentored by Jeff Mitchum.
- Visualization in-camera vs. post-processing - similarities and differences.
- Gallery life - learning how to sell your work.
- Managing to have a family while a full-time landscape photographer.
- The story of him capturing his iconic missle image (see below).
- Over on Patreon this week, Abe and I had a fabulous conversation about photo contests and what it will be like for him to judge the Epson Pano awards this year.
June 27th– Episode 62 – Erwin Buske
- How Erwin got into landscape photography and his evolution as an artist.
- Finding your photographic vision.
- Leave No Trace ethics.
- Over on Patreon this week, Erwin and I had a fabulous conversation about backpacking and how that influences our gear choices. If you're looking to get into backpacking, it is a great listen!