San Diego, CA—July 9, 2012—Nik Software (www.niksoftware.com) today released HDR Efex Pro 2, a powerful new version that enables professional and amateur photographers to create exceptional natural and artistic images. HDR Efex Pro 2 represents the next generation of high dynamic range photography that produces exceptional results. This new version not only adds a wide range of new features, but is also built on a proprietary and even more powerful tone mapping engine, providing unrivaled speed and quality. The company’s patented U Point® technology enables precise, selective fine-tuning, simplifying and speeding up the process for creating extraordinary high dynamic range images. To watch videos and join live online training sessions, visit www.niksoftware.com/hdrefexpro.
“With HDR Efex Pro 2 we set out to advance photography by offering a wider range of possibilities for HDR photography while increasing both speed and quality.” said Michael J. Slater, President and CEO of Nik Software. “Over 400 professional photographers from our beta group play an important part in our development process and ensure that we deliver quality and performance that professionals expect.”
“HDR Efex Pro 2 is a giant leap forward in HDR image editing software that makes life easier for professional photographers.” said Rien Van Rijthoven, award-winning architectural photographer. “I can create photographs even with the difficult lighting situations that I encounter on a regular basis all without compromising my vision or the high level of quality my clients demand.”
Key New Features
• NEW: Improved Tone Mapping Engine — Develop superior results with better color rendering and improved natural styles
• UPDATED: Interface, Interaction, and Workflow — Benefit from improvements to the merging interface, tone mapping and enhancement controls, visual presets, and more
• NEW: Depth Control — Enjoy added depth and realism in images with the new and proprietary Depth control, which helps counteract the flattened look commonly associated with HDR images
• NEW: Full GPU Processing and Multi-Core Optimization — Gain even faster performance with GPU processing that takes full advantage of the processors found on modern display adapters
• UPDATED: Ghost Reduction — Improved ghost reduction algorithm ensures that artifacts created by moving objects are removed with a single click
• NEW: Chromatic Aberration Reduction — Reduce color fringes around objects
NEW: Graduated Neutral Density Control — Access the full 32-bit depth of the merged image, providing a natural effect especially on images with a strong horizon line
• NEW: Full White Balance Control — Take full advantage of the white balance in an image with a new Tint slider, which along with the Temperature slider, can be applied both globally as well as selectively using U Point technology
• NEW: History Browser — Easily review adjustments and different HDR looks via the History Browser which records every enhancement used in an editing session
• NEW: Extended Language Support — International users benefit by the addition of Brazilian Portuguese and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) to a list of languages that includes English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Japanese
Pricing and Availability
HDR Efex Pro 2 is available now in English only directly from Nik Software (www.niksoftware.com). HDR Efex Pro 2 will be available soon in other languages. Customers may also purchase through specialty camera and national resellers. A complete list of Nik Software resellers may be found at www.niksoftware.com/resellers.
The suggested retail price of HDR Efex Pro 2 is $99.95. Upgrades from the first version are $49.95. Customers in the U.S. who purchased HDR Efex Pro or a Complete Collection bundle after June 9, 2012 are eligible for a free upgrade. Registered customers will be emailed instructions for accessing their free software. To order HDR Efex Pro 2, visit www.niksoftware.com/hdrefexpro.
HDR Efex Pro 2 is Windows and Mac compatible and installs as a plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® CS5 or later, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® 3 or later, and Apple® Aperture® 3 or later. For more information about HDR Efex Pro 2, including video tutorials, live online training, and a free 15-day fully functional trial version, please visit: www.niksoftware.com/hdrefexpro.
About Nik Software
Nik Software, Inc. develops award-winning desktop and mobile software solutions and technologies for the professional digital imaging and consumer photography markets. Established in 1995, Nik Software has become the recognized leader in digital photographic products and technologies, including its patented U Point® technology. The company’s products have won over 100 top industry awards for quality and innovation. Its first ever mobile app, Snapseed received iPad App of the Year in the App Store Rewind 2011 and the International TIPA Award 2012 for Best Mobile Photo App. In 2011, the company earned the International TIPA Award for Best Photo Software for its Complete Collection of professional photography products, which includes Color Efex Pro, HDR Efex Pro, Sharpener Pro, Silver Efex Pro, Viveza, and Dfine. For more information, visit www.niksoftware.com.