The new features of Silver Efex Pro 2, combined with Nik Software's award-winning U Point® technology, will continue to evolve black-and-white photography. To learn why Silver Efex Pro is the leading black-and-white imaging software users can watch training videos, download a free trial, and join live online training sessions at www.niksoftware.com/silverefexpro.
“Silver Efex Pro 2 has been created to provide photographers with the world’s best black-and-white conversion software enabling them to utilize new and powerful capabilities that were not available in the traditional darkroom,” said Michael J. Slater, President and CEO of Nik Software.
Ideal for any photographer passionate about black-and-white photography, Silver Efex Pro 2 features a wide variety of innovative enhancements to ensure the highest quality results. Silver Efex Pro includes unique features and functions, including specially designed algorithms for black-and-white photography, a unique all-in-one workflow, and the ability to fine-tune images with precise selective adjustments powered by U Point technology.
Nik Software’s proprietary U Point technology provides revolutionary selective editing by enabling photographers to precisely make detail, contrast, and tonality enhancements without the need for complicated selections or layer masks. Enhancements are automatically blended throughout an image for natural results. Finishing adjustments such as vignette controls, toning, burn edges and borders make it possible to easily accomplish everything needed for amazing black-and-white images.
Silver Efex Pro 2 is the first Nik Software product to take full advantage of the latest graphics processing units (GPUs). Nik Software has worked closely with NVIDIA Corporation and has incorporated GPU-based image rendering to offer the fastest, most efficient processing on systems equipped with dedicated GPU processors.
“We are extremely excited that Nik Software’s Silver Efex Pro 2 taps into the power of the many cores available in GeForce GPUs to deliver multiples of performance beyond the CPU alone” said David Ragones, Director of Product Marketing, NVIDIA. “Photo enthusiasts can now take advantage of all the available horsepower in their computers to produce beautiful black-and-white images.”
• New History Browser facilitates intuitive comparison of previous edits and different looks New Dynamic Brightness enables adaptive brightening adjustments for different areas in the image
• New Amplify Blacks and Amplify Whites increases the presence of highlights and shadows adaptively throughout the image, creating a unique contrast effect
• New Visual Presets categorized by photographic style provide great, single-click starting points, which can be edited and shared with others
• New Soft Contrast applies contrast intelligently, based on image details, creating a less harsh contrast and a stylized mood
• New Fine Structure brings out even the smallest details and textures resulting in more visible image detail without creating an over-sharpened look
• New Image Borders use organic image elements to create unique and completely random borders, giving classic darkroom-style edges a modern look with infinite possibilities
• New Selective colorization easily adds color elements back into images utilizing U Point technology to precisely select objects
• New GPU Processing takes full advantage of the processors found on advanced display adapters providing even faster performance
Pricing and Availability
Silver Efex Pro 2 will be available in February 2011 directly from Nik Software (www.niksoftware.com), through specialty camera retailers, and through online and national resellers. A list of Nik Software resellers may be found at www.niksoftware.com/resellers.
The suggested retail price of Silver Efex Pro 2 is $199.95. Upgrades from the first version are $99.95. Customers who purchased Silver Efex Pro or a Complete Collection bundle after December 6, 2010 are eligible for a free upgrade. To pre-order Silver Efex Pro 2, users can visit www.niksoftware.com/silverefexpro.
Silver Efex Pro 2 installs as a 32-bit and 64-bit plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® CS4 or later, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® 2.6 or later (Windows and Macintosh) or Apple® Aperture™ 2.1.4 or later (Macintosh). For more information about Silver Efex Pro 2, including a video tutorial and a free 15-day fully functional trial version, please visit: www.niksoftware.com/silverefexpro.
About Nik Software
Nik Software, Inc. is a privately held company that develops software solutions and provides award-winning educational programs for the digital imaging and photography markets. Established in 1995, Nik Software has become the recognized leader in digital photographic filter development and produces award-winning technology and software products for digital photography and imaging professionals including U Point® technology (www.upoint.com), HDR Efex Pro™, Dfine®, Viveza®, Color Efex Pro™, Silver Efex Pro™, and Sharpener Pro™ software. For more information, visit www.niksoftware.com.