Portland, OR– October 27, 2009 – onOne Software, Inc., a leading developer of innovative, timesaving solutions for professional and advanced amateur photographers, today announced FocalPoint 2, an Adobe Photoshop plug-in for simulating depth-of-field and selective focus. With FocalPoint 2 photographers can create realistic selective focus, depth-of-field and vignette effects that help focus attention on an area of an image in an easy to use plug-in. Photographers can create an authentic out-of-focus look with aperture shaped highlights with the new blur algorithm that accurately matches the blur a real lens would create. To assist photographers in getting the most out of FocalPoint 2, new lens presets are included that simulate desirable fast aperture lenses that cost 10 times more than FocalPoint 2. By popular demand from customers, FocalPoint 2 supports multiple FocusBugs that let photographers create multiple areas of focus or create complex depth-of-field looks. Finally, there is a new FocusBrush that allows for detailed painting in of the new blur effect in an image for those who want ultimate focus control.
Available in November, FocalPoint 2 is a key component of onOne Software’s Plug-in Suite 5, also announced today. The new Plug-in Suite 5, which includes the new onOne Panel and Windows 64-bit support, features the award-winning plug-ins PhotoTune 3, PhotoTools 2.5 Professional Edition, PhotoFrame 4.5 Professional Edition, Genuine Fractals 6 Professional Edition and Mask Pro 4.
“The first version of FocalPoint was very well received by both professional and amateur photographers due to it’s ease-of-use and creativity,” said Craig Keudell, president of onOne Software. “With FocalPoint 2, we’ve taken the feedback from our customers and developed an entirely new blur algorithm from scratch that simulates the physical characteristics of a real lens as well as added features like support for multiple FocusBugs that were highly requested. This release of FocalPoint 2 is in large part a direct result of feedback from the photographic community.”
New features in FocalPoint 2 include:
• Ultimate Blur Control – The unique controller in FocalPoint called the “FocusBug” now has new controls for you to set the kind of blur you want. Included options for blur quality, amount of blur, the number of blades in the virtual aperture, their rotation and optical quality all achieve the most realistic lens blur you can create without a lens.
• Multiple FocusBugs – With FocalPoint 2 you can use up to six FocusBugs to define the areas you want to keep in focus allowing for multiple areas in your photo to remain in focus while adding the lens specific blur to the rest of the image. It also provides for the ability to combine multiple FocusBugs together to create complex shapes with ease.
• FocusBrush – With the new FocusBrush you can paint focus or paint blur on any part of your photo providing for more control over the image’s focal point. Use the planar or round focus bugs to get started and then use the new FocusBrush to fine-tune the effect. Providing these types of tools within FocalPoint 2 will help save photographers time because it allows them to see exactly how their desired effect looks before clicking the apply button.
• Lens Presets – Using a proprietary blur algorithm designed to replicate the physical properties of a lens, combined with easy-to-use presets, photographers can simulate the blur normally achieved only with “fast” lenses that cost thousands of dollars each. This is perfect for times when a photographer cannot shoot with their lens “wide open” to get the desired depth-of-field as they can now go back with FocalPoint 2 and apply the background blur that they would have originally achieved.
• onOne Panel – The new onOne Panel in Adobe Photoshop provides fast access to FocalPoint 2. This allows the user to quickly launch a module without having to navigate through Photoshop’s menus. But it takes that power even farther by giving users access to their favorite presets right from the panel as well. This will save users time by allowing them to apply their most frequently used effects right inside of Photoshop.
• Additional New Features – FocalPoint 2 includes many new features like Brightness and Contrast controls; nondestructive editing as a Smart Filter; and the ability to access FocalPoint 2 from within Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 and Apple Aperture 2.1.
FocalPoint 2 will be available in November to new users for $159.95 and can also be purchased as part of the affordable Plug-in Suite 5 for $599.95. Existing users of FocalPoint 1 can upgrade to FocalPoint 2 for $99.95. Upgrades from FocalPoint 1 to the new Plug-In Suite 5 are also available at http://www.ononesoftware.com/upgrade/. For more information on the Plug-in Suite 5, please visit http://www.ononesoftware.com/.
About onOne Software
onOne Software, Inc. a leading developer of innovative software tools for photographers, develops time-saving software solutions for professional and advanced amateur photographers. onOne Software solutions have been created to help photographers spend more of their time behind the camera taking pictures instead of the computer workstation. Such solutions include a wide range of easy-to-use plug-in enhancements for Adobe® Photoshop®, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Lightroom, Apple Aperture,Apple iPhoto and iPhone applications. Founded in 2005, onOne Software is a privately held company located in Portland, Oregon. For additional information, visit http://www.ononesoftware.com/ or call 1-888-968-1468.