“Since its original introduction 10 years ago, Genuine Fractals software has defined the category for high-quality image-scaling and ease of use to become the industry standard for image enlargements,” said Craig Keudell, president of onOne Software. “Perfect for any photographer who needs to make sharp large format and poster sized prints as well as graphic designers, this complete overhaul of Genuine Fractals makes it easier than ever to produce prints with no loss of sharpness or details from their digital image files.”
The new version of onOne Software’s flagship product Genuine Fractals features several new improvements and workflow enhancements including:
• New User Interface & Photoshop CS3 Compatibility – In addition to being compatible with Photoshop CS3, Genuine Fractals 5 has been rewritten as a Universal Binary to be fully compatible with both PowerPC and Intel-based Macintosh computers. Genuine Fractals 5 also has a brand-new user interface that streamlines the image scaling process.
• Improved Scaling Algorithm – The patented scaling algorithm in Genuine Fractals has been overhauled to now allow for over 1000% (10,000% area equivalent) enlargements with no loss in detail.
• Multi-processor Support – Genuine Fractals 5 fully supports multi-processor computers such as dual processor and dual core computers as well as AltiVec and SSE acceleration to deliver superior scaling results faster than ever before (up to 5x faster than the previous version).
• Document Size Presets –Genuine Fractals 5 allows users to crop and resize images in a single step with over 70 built-in document size presets.
• Robust Layer Support – Genuine Fractals 5 supports resizing Photoshop files with multiple layers, including adjustment layers, non-rasterized text layers, smart objects, paths and alpha channels. Genuine Fractals 5 no longer require files to be flattened before scaling
• Texture Controls – For the first time ever, users now have access to the key variables in the patented Genuine Fractals scaling algorithm. Users can adjust the amount of detail that is “pulled out” of continuous tone areas as well as control how strongly the algorithm works on edges and areas of high contrast.
• Built-In Sharpening Controls – Genuine Fractals 5 gives users the option to add sharpening to a file during the scaling process. Users have control over the amount of sharpening that is applied and they can preview the sharpening results before the one step scaling and sharpening process.
• Built-In Film Grain Controls – Genuine Fractals 5 also gives users the option to add simulated film grain after a file has been scaled. Users have control over the amount of film grain that is applied and get a preview of the results; and it can be combined with the new sharpening controls if desired.
• Photoshop Action Support – Genuine Fractals 5 lets users record actions for multiple sizes and easily batch process an entire folder of images making it an ideal solution for the video industry to resize individual frames to be resized from standard to high-definition quality.
• Additional file format Support – Genuine Fractals 5 supports 8-bit and 16-bit RGB and Grayscale images. Genuine Fractals Print Pro 5 also offers additional support for CMYK and LAB color modes.
• New “Show Me How” video tutorials – Built-in tutorials help users understand the controls in Genuine Fractals 5 to get up and running quickly.
“Adobe is thrilled to see major plug-in developers like onOne Software upgrade their products for Adobe Photoshop CS3,” said John Nack, senior product manager for Adobe Photoshop. “Genuine Fractals has a well-deserved reputation among both professional and advanced Photoshop users and it is a pleasure to see this new version support Photoshop CS3.”
“I’ve been a digital photographer so long, my first camera was wood-burning,” said Vincent Versace, recipient of the Computerworld Smithsonian Award in Media Arts & Entertainment. “In all that time, I’ve saved and scaled every one of my images with Genuine Fractals. The new level of control I now have over how my images are resized with Genuine Fractals 5 will have a profound impact on my fine art work.”
Pricing for Genuine Fractals 5 is $159.95 for new users and $69.95 for users upgrading from a previous version bought before December 18, 2006. Genuine Fractals Print Pro 5 is $299.95 for new users and $69.95 for users upgrading from a previous version bought before December 18, 2006. Anyone who purchased Genuine Fractals 4.1 or Genuine Fractals Print Pro 4.1 on or after December 18, 2006 will receive a free upgrade to Genuine Fractals 5 or Genuine Fractals Print Pro 5 via download or customers can have the full box shipped to them for $6.95 in the U.S. Genuine Fractals 5 is also available in the new Plug-In Suite 3 available to new users for $399.95 or to existing users of a previous version of Genuine Fractals for $299.95. The Plug-In Suite 3 includes full versions of Genuine Fractals 5, Mask Pro 4.1, PhotoFrame Pro 3.1 and Intellihance Pro 4.2. For more information on the Plug-In Suite 3, please visit http://www.ononesoftware.com.
About onOne Software
onOne Software develops time-saving software solutions for professional and advanced amateur photographers in the digital photography and graphic design industries. onOne Software solutions have been created to help photographers spend more of their time behind the camera taking pictures instead of the computer workstation. Such solutions include a wide range of easy-to-use plug-in enhancements for Adobe® Photoshop®, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Lightroom and QuarkXPress®.
onOne Software delivers the highest quality software products to users by working with industry leaders and continuing to develop core technologies for professional photo and desktop publishing solutions on both Macintosh and Windows operating systems. Founded in 2005, onOne Software is a privately held company located in Portland, Oregon. For additional information, visit www.onOnesoftware.com or call 1-888-968-1468.