Portland, OR– October 27, 2009 – onOne Software, Inc., a leading developer of innovative, time saving solutions for professional and advanced amateur photographers, today announced PhotoTune 3, an Adobe Photoshop plug-in for optimizing digital photos. The improved PhotoTune Wizard walks new users through the optimizing process in as little as two steps with no need to understand color theory or complex controls like levels or curves. PhotoTune 3 also offers access to advanced adjustments for pro users who want more control. A powerful feature of PhotoTools 3 is SkinTune, which can color correct portraits in just one click, with the option to correct just the skin in an image. PhotoTune 3 works as a Smart Filter in Photoshop allowing Photoshop Lightroom 2 users to open their images as Smart Objects giving them the ability to work in a non-destructive manner and the flexibility to go back and make changes later should they decide to.
Available in November, PhotoTune 3 is a key component of onOne Software’s Plug-in Suite 5, also announced today. The new Plug-in Suite 5, which includes the new onOne Panel and Windows 64-bit support, also features the award-winning plug-ins FocalPoint 2, PhotoTools 2.5 Professional Edition, PhotoFrame 4.5 Professional Edition, Genuine Fractals 6 Professional Edition and Mask Pro 4.
‘”Photographers consistently tell us that one of the key problems they face with digital photography, is spending too much time color correcting and optimizing their photographs. Now PhotoTune 3 offers photographers more powerful and easy-to-use tools that will help them get excellent color and more detail in just a few clicks,” said Craig Keudell, president of onOne Software. “We are excited about the new capabilities in PhotoTune 3 made possible through imsense’s eye fidelityTM technology as we continue to deliver products that help photographers achieve better results faster than ever.”
New features in PhotoTune 3 include:
• Automatic Correction – featuring the patented eye-fidelityTM technology, originally developed by and licensed from imsense to address the issue of Dynamic Range Correction in images. With a single click this new advanced dynamic range enhancement algorithm, remaps the tones in your image to match what you saw. This means no more blown out highlights or plugged-up shadows which photographers typically struggle with when trying to increase the dynamic range of an image from a single file.
• Professional Controls – For those pro users who want more control, the new Pro interface provides access to advanced controls like tone, color and sharpening. PhotoTune 3 strips away complex concepts like levels and curves and introduces a new method where the image itself is the control. Simply drag the image up or down, left or right or even at an angle and PhotoTune 3 applies the adjustment immediately allowing the photographer to focus on the image and not on a series of sliders and buttons.
• Intuitive Black and White Conversions – With a flick of the new Black and White switch, PhotoTune 3 lets you create great looking black and white images from your color photos. Using the new Pro interface controls to change tones, you can quickly get the black and white conversion you want in seconds.
• Automatically Color Correct Portraits – The improved SkinTune controls, which automatically color-correct skin color in a one step, now provide the option to target the color correction to just the skin of the subject, rather than the whole image. This is the perfect tool for portrait and wedding photographers who need a streamlined and efficient solution to getting correct skin tones in their digital images.
• Workflow Integration – Like other onOne products, PhotoTune 3 now supports integration with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Apple Aperture so that it can be accessed inside the workflow applications used everyday. PhotoTune 3 can be used as a Smart Filter inside of Photoshop allowing photographers to send their images to Photoshop as Smart Objects to maintain a non-destructive workflow that is increasingly important to more and more photographers.
• Additional New Features – PhotoTune 3 also includes an improved color correction Wizard that can be completed in as few as two steps; the ability to save presets, which saves all of the color and tone corrections so they can be applied to other images which is ideal for batch processing through Adobe Bridge for example; and non-destructive editing as a Smart Filter in Photoshop CS3 and CS4.
About PhotoTune 3 and imsense
The new PhotoTune 3 uses patented eye-fidelityTM technology, originally developed by and licensed from imsense. imsense has developed and patented breakthrough algorithms to solve the problem of Dynamic Range Correction in standard and HDR images. eye-fidelity TM renders images faithful to the image the eye saw. It ensures that detail is revealed while maintaining color balance and integrity and the deliberate effects, such as region highlighting, employed by the photographer. eye-fidelityTM technology is unmatched for the speed, quality and versatility of its output.
“We are delighted that onOne has chosen to license imsense’s eye-fidelityTM technology as a core feature of PhotoTune 3,” said Philippe Dewost, imsense CEO. “Now professional photographers as well as imaging enthusiasts will have access to instant, one-click, optimal tone mapping thanks to imsense’s patented Dynamic Range Correction, saving precious time for other, more creative aspects of image processing.”
PhotoTune 3 will be available in November to new users for $159.95 and can also be purchased as part of the affordable Plug-in Suite 5 for $599.95. Existing users of PhotoTune 1 or 2 can upgrade to PhotoTune 3 for $99.95 or can upgrade to the Plug-in Suite 5 for $499.95. For more information on the Plug-in Suite 5, please visit http://www.ononesoftware.com/.
About onOne Software
onOne Software, Inc. a leading developer of innovative software tools for photographers, develops time-saving software solutions for professional and advanced amateur photographers. onOne Software solutions have been created to help photographers spend more of their time behind the camera taking pictures instead of the computer workstation. Such solutions include a wide range of easy-to-use plug-in enhancements for Adobe® Photoshop®, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Lightroom, Apple Aperture, Apple iPhoto and iPhone applications. Founded in 2005, onOne Software is a privately held company located in Portland, Oregon. For additional information, visit http://www.ononesoftware.com or call 1-888-968-1468.