Sign up for our newsletter
Stay up to date on all the latest photography gear!Subscribe
Photo Of The Day By Robert HendersonToday’s Photo of the Day is...
Photo Of The Day By Max FosterToday’s Photo of the Day is “The...
Photo Of The Day By Ross StoneToday’s Photo of the Day is “Mobius...
Organizing Your Photos, Part 1: A Place For Everything
Use these tips to tame your photo library.
Photographing this iconic feature of Lake Tahoe.
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: Boom, Baby!
Exploring the explosive beauty of Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park.
California’s Eastern Sierra
Explore the many opportunities for dramatic landscape photography on the sunrise side of the Sierra Nevada mountains.
Lenses For Wildlife Photography
When it comes to selecting lenses for wildlife photography, the first thing most photographers look for is focal length—a long lens that can reach out and cover great distances, bringing animals in for close-ups—but other features are also incredibly useful.
Watson Lake Park is located four miles north of downtown Prescott, Arizona.
This is the 1st of your 3 free articles
Become a member for unlimited website access and more.
FREE TRIAL Available!
Already a member? Sign in to continue reading
Tamron Announces “Make Your Mark” Photo Contest For Tamron Lens Users
Now here’s your chance to really make your mark as a photographer. Take a picture of a natural or manmade landmark from anywhere on the four corners of the globe and submit it to Tamron’s 2007 Photo Contest: “Make Your Mark: Photographing Natural or Manmade Landmarks Around the World.” The leading photo lens company is looking for images from photo enthusiasts that creatively capture a natural or manmade landmark. Images can range from natural splendors like the Grand Canyon or Niagara Falls, or manmade wonders such as the Eiffel Tower or the Taj Majal. The Tamron photo contest is open to Tamron lens owners residing in the USA.
The Tamron “Make Your Mark” Photo Contest deadline is 10/31/07. The Make Your Mark grand prize winner will receive a magnificent Tamron AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II Aspherical (IF) Macro zoom lens in any D-SLR mount available and have his or her winning image showcased in Tamron’s Viewfinder magazine and on the Gallery section of the Tamron website. Up to 20 runners-up will also have their winning images published on the website for all to see.
• Mail-in entries are accepted (do not send original materials – entries will not be returned). Or submit any scanned original photograph(s) taken with Tamron lenses by e-mail to [email protected]. Subject line should read “Make Your Mark 2007.” You may enter as often as you like.
• The winning photo will be chosen by our judges based on originality and overall quality. All decisions are final.
• You must include your name, address, email address (if you have one), and daytime phone number, along with equipment used and all other pertinent technical data.
• Winners may be asked to sign an affidavit of eligibility and grant of rights, and to submit all model releases and comments required for publication. By entering, contestants certify that photo(s) are original and do not infringe on any third-party rights.
• Contestants will retain the rights to their photographs. However, contestants grant Tamron USA, Inc. and its agency unlimited rights, for 18 months, usage of the winning image, the winner’s name, photo, and likeness in any advertising/promotion efforts by Tamron USA, Inc.
• Contest is open to professional and amateur photographers using Tamron brand products. Employees and families of Tamron USA, Inc. are not eligible.
• Open to U.S. residents only.
• Images can be submitted in either TIFF or JPEG format, prints any size (color or black/white), or duplicate transparencies (no originals).
• Entries must be received by October 31, 2007.
• The winning image, along with up to 20 runners-up, will be posted in Tamron’s Gallery section by November 15, 2007.
• Void where prohibited by law. Any tax on the prize is the winner’s sole responsibility.