Presented by Joseph Thomas
TAKE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
Rhapsody in Light photo workshops are designed to encourage your artistry and help you realize your creative vision. I’ll make sure you’ll be where you need to be, and more importantly, when you need to be there. While emphasis is on creativity, many technical tips will be provided to help you reach your highest potential.
Come with me as I guide you through Colorado’s epic landscapes and hidden gems. This is a land of geological wonders, ecological diversity, and meteorological extremes. Everyone knows about our majestic mountains and glorious aspen trees, but Colorado has a rich variety of landscapes that will come as a surprise to many. From towering sandstone arches and expansive canyons to massive sand dunes and ancient Anasazi ruins, Colorado offers an abundance of natural beauty that will keep you coming back over and over again.
- a musical composition irregular in form and suggestive of improvisation.
- an ecstatic expression of feeling or enthusiasm.
There is a kind of music that abounds in the wilderness. Its rhythms, harmonies, themes, and motifs give rise to glorious compositions – a rhapsody in light! The dynamics of a day might begin with a pianissimo sunrise that gradually crescendos to a thundering fortissimo of cumulonimbus by late afternoon. Like the interplay between musicians in a jazz ensemble, the various components of nature ─ geology, water, flora, fauna, atmosphere, and light ─ improvise and coalesce to create a fortuitous visual symphony.
I’m dedicated to providing a fun and educational experience that inspires learning, exploration, and creativity. With a comprehensive knowledge of photography and a passion for the wild places of Colorado and the Rocky Mountain West, I’ll do everything I can to ensure you have a successful and enjoyable photo workshop adventure!
And don't forget, my workshops aren't over when you go home. I consider all of my participants to be lifelong clients, so please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions once you get home and start processing your images.
- All skill levels welcome
- Friendly, personalized instruction
- Hands-on professional training in the classroom and in the field
- Small groups of 4 to 8 people
- Enjoy the camaraderie of other photography enthusiasts
- Wildflowers of Colorado
- Rocky Mountain Stars & Meteors
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Mount Evans: America’s Highest Road
- Fall Colors of Aspen & Crested Butte
- Fall Colors of the San Juans
- Cranes of the San Luis Valley
- Mesa Verde National Park & Canyons of the Ancients
- Hidden Colorado Arches & Canyons
- Great Sand Dunes National Park
- Starlight Hikes to Sunrise Glory